On 04/22/2015 12:52 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
On 21 Apr 2015, at 14:17, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:

Gradle is a non-starter.  When I saw that mentioned, I actually did do some
comparisons.

In google, search for maven, then gradle.  See how many responses each one gets.

Then, go to trends.google.com, compare the above 2 items, and then add ant.  You might want to say
"apache ant" or "apache maven", and/or add java terms.

Then, also do a "A vs B vs C" search, aka, "maven vs gradle vs ant".

After doing this, maven is still the right choice.
This is an appeal to popularity, not utility.

Did further. Read what is linked from google(or your search engine of choice). Just like code formatting can be a proxy to code quality, so can search result count. But you still have to investigate, and maven does seem to have higher community, support, etc.