> On 22 Apr 2015, at 16:49, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:
>

> On 04/22/2015 06:13 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> On Apr 22, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When this happened, we had to relicense the entire project from GPL to
>>> Apache 2.0.
>> Grrrrr.... It was not GPL!     :-)
>
> It was something tho; I may be wrong on that, I didn't actually look it up.
> I do recall that switching was quite the ordeal.

It was MIT, but that wasn't the real issue with all the CLAs... the ASF
requires them but they are not generally required for other users of the Apache
2 license.

This was a pain... took months of effort. Even under the ASF we don't know who
all code has come from, there is no way to get a list from SVN or any other
tool... not even from Jira (though that's closer, but we only have associations
between those who opened issues or attached a patch or those sorts of
activities, doesn't always match exactly which patch gets committed, etc... AND
not all commits get linked back to the Jira issues... oh and mentioning a name
in a commit, pretty useless from a reporting perspective... parsing
difficulties, data cleanliness/consistency issues... nightmare).