According to this presentation regarding the Apache Way
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/TheApacheWay15.pdf
(slides 30-31) all contributions are considered equal. That means the big,
the small, those of minor and major importance.

Nevertheless, collaborating early and often will ensure that both noise and
reverts are minimised. It can't be avoided that, with all contributors
being volunteers with limited time available , a change is committed
(accepted by lazy consensus) whereby over a period of time increase in
insights will lead to reverts of old code and to replacement by better
code.

Creating the JIRA issue(s) early - not just after the commit, as a
notification for release notes - will help increasing the awareness of all
and opens the door to share insights before the commit and not after. Give
the issue its obligatory waiting period (72 hrs) before the commit and due
process is ensured.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*