Le 22/04/2015 19:31, Ean Schuessler a écrit :
That raises another irritating thing about the JIRA SVN workflow vs GIT
pull requests.

If you look at the contributor graph on GitHub for OFBiz you will see
that it currently has only 3 contributors. Foremost this is because the
project committers have mostly not configured their Apache addresses into
their GitHub accounts.

Thanks Ean for letting us know, I was unaware this was needed. I just added mine, but I'm still not in the contributors list, I guess it takes some time, or is another step, like joigning something, needed?

Something I'd like to add here. Github is using the successful Freemium business model http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium. I doubt there will ever be issues with that, but you never know, see what happened to Apache-Extra ... I know I can trust the ASF, even if, like everything else, it could disappear, that's even less likely than Github in foreseeable future. We live in a disruptive world...

Jacques

Secondly, however, it is caused by the fact that
all JIRA committed patches will show the name of the person who merged
the patch rather than its original author.

https://github.com/apache/ofbiz/graphs/contributors

We can make up stories about why this is desirable but I think any honest
assessment would conclude that it is an inconvenience at best and a hazard
at worst. Eventually if these dots are not connected the origins of some
OFBiz code could become as mysterious as the early CVS commits. With the
GIT pull request workflow we would not only know who wrote the code but
would still know who performed the merge. We could also sign the commits
so that their origin is cryptographically confirmed.