+1

for the mentioned statements, especially planning, an announced branch which is not backward compatible and a sensible look at users who build their business on the OFBiz foundation without denying serious changes just because of this fact.

Maybe it is possible to provide some "migration tools" (scripts etc.) to help automate the migration and make it less painless for the users. At least a good documentation should be provided which should be started during development to get every change and best practice documented. Things often get lost when documenting later.

It could be a must have for a patch for fundamental changes: no documentation, no commit.

Michael
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de