Taher,

I think the main value in OFBiz and what makes it differ a lot from other frameworks is a strong and mature framework, the comprehensive data model and a lot of business functionality in combination ootb. Naturally, OFBiz has matured over the years and contains contributions from many different developers with different skill sets and style, which leads to code with room for improvements :-)

I won't get as far as Adrian and call it old and brittle. I think that's no suitable rating for the framework state.

The maturity of OFBiz and the fact that it is used in very different, enterprise businesses all over the world is a key argument for choosing OFBiz. That's at least my experience.

I think the discussion lacks a systematic evaluation of the costs and benefits of the different migration paths. Whats's the real value in Moqui in relation to OFBiz? Is it possible to adopt some of the Moqui patterns in OFBiz without replacing it entirely? What are the pain points in OFBiz? What does it cost (time and developer resources) to do the different migrations? etc.

I think I stated it earlier: we need some kind of evaluation/decision matrix to even have a chance to decide something apart from personal taste, technological interest or whatever drives us.

That alone would be a huge effort though...

Regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de