Hi Jacopo, inline...

Le 21/03/2016 15:10, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Jacques, thanks for raising this point that I think is worth of some
clarifications and enhancements to get the best out of the Jira reports.
 [...]
"Upcoming branch" should be used to mark all the issues that are
implemented in the trunk and not backported in the release branches

So, apart maybe some very specific cases, could we in others words say it
should not be used by bug fixes?
About the very specific cases, I wonder when a bug fixes cannot be backported,
notably to the last release branch.
I see only when a refactoring makes it too much troubles. Which also show that the refactoring was not well done: the bug should have been fixed during the refactoring[1].
Then it's maybe better to backport the refactoring AND the bug fixes on the
refactoring...

; when, at a later time, we create a new release branch from the trunk, this
release branch will of course contain all these enhancements/fixes; at that
point we should rename the "Upcoming branch" version into the name of the
first (future) release of the new branch and we should create a brand new
empty version with the name "Upcoming branch"

Frankly speaking, I don't remember if I have done this when I have created
the 15.12 branch, but I think it should be good to move some of the tickets
accordingly, specifically:
* change all the issues with the "fix version" set to "release 15.12" to
"15.12.01"

I did that and also for the 14.12 to 14.12.01, but Michael's
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6662?jql=project%20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Release%20Branch%2014.12%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC
Please Michael :)

* move the issues with the "fix version" set to "upcoming branch", that
have been backported to the 15.12 branch, to the "15.12.01" version

Found none :)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Upcoming%20Branch%22%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Release%20Branch%2015.12%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC

Jacques
[1] For me refactoring code means to not change its functionality, except when
you detect and fix a bug during the refactoring

I hope it makes any sense