Right Sharan, done

Thanks

Jacques

Le 15/08/2016 à 09:32, Sharan Foga a écrit :
Hi Jacques

You've made quite a few proposals here that are not really related to the
service providers page initial topic, so I think it might be easier to do it as
part of a new thread so that it would be easier to follow and comment on.

I'm still l working on the new website and I'd like to show the community an
initial draft for review before incorporating any more changes. I'm sure that
the review will bring out a range of comments and suggestions for changes and
suggest it would be easier to discuss and address the points you have proposed
as part of that process.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2016-08-14 13:25 (+0200), Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
wrote:
After reading http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking in details I noticed it's
suggested to have a "Thanks" page

I looked at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Revised+Website+Structure+v2+-+Approved
 and noticed we have not a such page (@Emmanuel:
this is WIP for our current site replacement)

Maybe we could create one and put a link from the footer.

I notably read in the foundation link:
"May include a small third party logo for the donor or the goods, and may include a
simple HTML link back to the donor."
"May include historical donations that were actively used in the past, but are not
currently being used. These items should be marked as such."

I'm thinking about donated logos (HotWax and BrainFood), don't they deserve a
special thanks? Of course other ideas may show up, maybe IntelliJ and
Packt Publishing but they rather donate at the ASF level...

Because the <<"Who We Are" Pages>> section suggests

"Should include an overview or links to other ways that newcomers can
participate in the project. Think of these as both an introduction to who is
currently in the project, as well as a welcoming way to show future contributors how
to join."

I have added a link to the "OFBiz Contributors Best Practices" page. While
modifying the PMC page, I noticed the ASF committers map does not work
well. It shows all committers and not only OFBiz's despite the project=Apache
OFBiz parameter. I will check and ask about that

I wondered about "Should not include corporate affiliations of actual contributors."
but because of "PMCs are free to allow including corporate
affiliations, but should be consistent in their policy for all committers." I
think it's good to have it in our page.

Jacques

Le 12/08/2016  16:11, Jacques Le Roux a crit :
+1, I'd simply warn again about plain email addresses (spam likes that)

Jacques

Le 09/08/2016  14:05, Sharan Foga a crit :
Hi All

Just following up on this again as would like to get the Service Providers page
tidied up. Looking at the links Emmanuel sent, I think that the
column with committer names needs to removed, and I would also probably remove
the number contributors column too.

One thing to bear in mind is that I don't think this list changes very much, so
I would try to keep the information at a level that doesn't need a
lot of maintenance.

My suggestion would be to keep it as 3 columns, name, location(s) and contact.
Location can be wherever the company has a physical presence (so
includes employees located there). The contact would be a website or an email,
and any other links eg social media would go.

Please let me know if this would be an acceptable solution for everyone.

Thanks
Sharan