Jacopo,

I must say my sentence

"Tomcat nothing on ecj jar (Eclipse.org)  even in binary release"

was ambiguous because for Tomcat and jMeter I only looked in the binary
releases. So it should have been

"Tomcat nothing on ecj jar (Eclipse.org) in binary release" same for JMeter

For my defense: I had them downloaded locally, so I did not download the source
releases, my bad.

I confirm jars are referenced in the source release and it's interesting to see
how jMeter organises things in their source release with a lib folder with
sub-folders empty but with READMEs

I'll continue the investigation and would appreciate some help

Jacques