On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Wait, I don't want a different license header in readme files (w/ or w/o
> suffixes)
> I just want things to be consistent. Which resumes to no header at all in
> those files,

Consistency can be applied also by adding the standard license header to
the missing README files and this is what I suggest.

> as I committed and as is recommended by the ASF

Removing the license header is not what the ASF recommends, if you refer to
the following:

"A file without any degree of creativity in either its literal elements or
its structure is not protected by copyright law; therefore, such a file
does not require a license header. If in doubt about the extent of the
file's creativity, add the license header to the file.

Other files may make sense to have no license header. Three examples are:

   - Short informational text files; for example README, INSTALL files. The
   expectation is that these files make it obvious which product they relate
   to.
   - Test data for which the addition of a source header would cause the
   tests to fail.
   - 'Snippet' files that are combined as form a larger file where the
   larger file would have duplicate licensing headers.

PMCs should use their judgement, err on having a source header and contact
legal-discuss@ if unsure."
Jacopo

[*] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions