This argument looks more like a witch hunt to me.

If you both think it's a valid argument against ecomseo then what  about

accounting, ar and ap webapps in accounting component

ofbizsetup and ordermgr-js webapps in commonext component

content and contentimages in content component

marketing and sfa in marketing component

facility and catalog in product component

ical and workeffort in workeffort component

What are your plans for those? We might decide to change that but it's so far a
feature not a bug.

We dropped the ecomclone which was just showing how to reuse a webapp in another webapp. I agreed about dropping it because ecomseo was also showing the same feature. We can simply document it w/o showing an example in code. I would not be against but we then need to document it in both readme and wiki.

Now I can also agree about unifying the ecommerce component and then we need to compare the 2 webapps which are very similar. Actually we "only" need to compare the filters and servlets in both and decide which are the best.

I think, but have not tested, that you can use content in ecomseo has it was abruptly advocated by Hans[1] and Anil[2]. Else we can merge this feature from ecommerce to ecomseo filters and servlet.

BTW, I don't see good practises in Hans's and Anil's answers and sorry to say
but I think the best answer then was from the regretted Adrian[3]

Since then ilscipio has its fork[4][5] and will not contribute anything
anymore, well done experts!

So you see there is some resentments about this.

Yes, people worked hard to contribute it with some other main features like
"Solr" OFBIZ-5042

But I think we can go ahead and find a common ground for the best or the
project, which is only what I have in mind.

Jacques
[1]
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Proposal-URL-Generation-Changes-tp4639289p4639294.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312?focusedCommentId=13939116&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13939116 [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312?focusedCommentId=13942316&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13942316
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scipio_ERP
[5] http://www.scipioerp.com/