Hi Tom,

I think this will be great since people are adopting docker more and more
and even for a user
once they have built a customized docker image, they can share it among the
peers
reducing the time spent for configuration by each individual.

Also we have another option ;-) With distributed configuration management
which I implemented,
users can ask OODT components to download configuration published in
zookeeper. But this will
require zookeeper to be running (either as a container or standalone). As
per my understanding,
configuration is the problem we need to solve when using a pre-built docker
image?

In future, if we are able to implement
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-977
we will be able to run multiple file managers in multiple containers which
will allow
the load to be distributed and query all at once. So, docker will be the
way to go as I see it.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Imesha