On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM, David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting people to help maintain it is the hard part, which I think was
> Daniel's point.  Originally, Gavin did all the buildbot work for the first
> few months (maybe year?).

Yes that was indeed my point, allocating infrastructure like
Continuum, Buildbot, Jenkins, you name it which is of interested
initially for a few week and then people lose interest to maintain it
thoroughly. It happened here and it happens at work so I guess it's a
common thing. There's a German saying based on a Hermann Hesse poem
which describes my observations in this regards I suppose: "Und jedem
Anfang wohnt ein Zauber inne...".

I guess a "true hero", to explicitly use this term in this context, is
someone who feels dedicated and committed even past the days where
something was shiny and exciting in the first place but became legacy
over the course of time in the worst case ;)

Cheers
Daniel