There might be references from Core to DB.
And that is quite natural as we have not given a lot of though on
encapsulating those functionalities and designing real APIs where modules
communicate with each other.

However from a Maven perspective there is no need to resolve those now.
Everything will work fine.
On compile and on developer level.

However you are right, those cross links are basically a bad design, that
is now more clear to everybody.
And I think that is already a good thing to learn and to improve for our
future.

So what you experience is from my point of view the right thing:
There are cross references and those are basically bad design and
implementation decisisons.
However there is no need to resolve them now, neither from comilation
perspective nor from working with the sources.
Those cross references are still allowed when we have a multi-project
design.

Sebastian