> The project is responsible for the 3rd party components/libraries it uses
> I try to check the license of JS components (but not their trees)

Re license checking, we could explore using:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/license-checker
=> to automate license checks. That might be quite useful, especially once
more dependencies are added.

Also other build/checks improvements:
Linting JS code - Also what would be good would be to add a linter:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/lint
=> To automate checks for JS formatting. E.g. forgetting to replace
whitespaces with tabs :) A linter can help a lot. And it is very easy to
set up.

Bundling/minify CSS and add linter using NPM: various NPM plugins available
to do it, eg https://www.npmjs.com/package/css-loader
=> NPM can also be used to bundle the CSS files
=> This has also the advantage that you can use the linter to make sure CSS
formatting is good
=> This also has the advantage that you can use further clever ways to
optimise the CSS (https://sass-lang.com/)

this might be dangerous since we have no frontend tests :(

=> We should be able to add JavaScript unit tests using Jest:
https://jestjs.io/
=> And integrate + automate it into our NPM build process
https://www.npmjs.com/package/jest

If I'm not mistaken there was discussion
> Will try to search archives (no ETA unfortunately :(( )

=> Let's maybe fix a few of the above and then we can contact @infra. At
the moment I think there is a few things we can do without ASF support

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>