On 11/21/12 11:31 PM, Robert Barbey wrote:
> Rob,
>
> thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately, I wasn't talking about the Writer
> extension but about the Maven plug-in. It hasn't been decided yet whether the
> extension will be publicly available.

no problem, more important is that the extension works smoothly and
integrate well in the office. As you mentioned it is a very specialized
extension and a server backend is necessary to run it. From this
perspective it makes probably more sense to publish it via the extension
repository.

Regarding the package name, this is a very interesting question that we
should clarify in general.

Historical we had chosen "com.sun.star..." for the Java UNO core API's
as well as the IDL type definitions that goes 1:1 in a package or
namespace structure.

We can't simply change the existing packages/namespaces because it's
simply a lot of work and it is probably also a good idea to add new IDL
types in the existing modules to avoid confusion.

But we can think about completely new things and here two options come
into my mind

org.openoffice....

org.apache.openoffice

I would prefer the first and shorter one. Any opinions?

Juergen