I've verified for the new account: Testaccount. The manual
registration a new wiki user works fine:
* Email with a random password has been sent. I received it normal.
* When I first login as Testaccount with this password, Wiki offers me
change the password and shows me the form for it.
* The password is changed successfully, the login with the new
password is successfully too, but with the second trying. First Wiki
showed me "LogOut" page
(http://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogout)

Probably, new users have some problems when Wiki not immediately shows
the data of the user after login, but it can happen in case of any
method of the registration.

Helen

--
Helen