Am 01/18/2013 03:34 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
Am 01/17/2013 05:28 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

Thanks for the patch.  I'll review and commit.

Even when the patch came a bit surprisingly, it looks quite nice. And still
some space for additions like text or just more icons + links.

Sorry about that.  We've been working on this on the marketing list
for around a month.  A new volunteer prototyped 4 variations of the

Oh, I should mention that the new volunteer (Samer Mansour) is now
working on some prototype designs to integrate like/follow links into
the homepage.

Here we have already the "I want to stay in touch with OpenOffice" section. Let's see how he want this to improve.

Marcus

page, with different placement and wording for the "sharing" links.
We then did a controlled experiment using Google Analytics to see
which variation yielded the most shares.  That test ran for 2 weeks
and the patch you see was to put the winning design into production.

Since not everyone is on the marketing list, in the future we should
update the dev list on what we are proposing before implementing it.
Me bad.

The blue graphic is well fitting. Just curious, was the graphic
"/download/cachedimages/button-lightblue.png" already existing in SVN or is
it new?

It is new.

Let's see if it will help to spread AOO into the world better.

We should get around 100 shares per day.   If each person has maybe 50
people in the social network (on average) then that is 5,000 extra
people who may hear about AOO each day.  And since they are hearing an
endorsement from someone they know, the effect can be quite powerful.

-Rob

Marcus

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Anonymous CMS User