On 05/02/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
You can see our current Bugzilla taxonomy here:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/describecomponents.cgi
We have around 50 top-level "products" and within that each product
has one or more "components". ...
Bugzilla has an option that we can enable that would add an additional
level to the hierarchy, called "categories".

I wouldn't add a new level of hierarchy to a system that is already quite complex. But some of the existing products could become components of the existing "obsolete" product (groupware, oopm, wp, user-faq, special_projects, kde, printing, testextension, stats...) and the description of the core applications could be improved by adding their name: for example,
  ---
word processor: This is the word processor and HTML editor application.
  ---
should include "Writer" somewhere.

Regards,
  Andrea.