janI wrote:
I am (as usual) confused

And, as usual, it is not your fault!

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
This page contains among others a list of all languages, and who works on
them.
I thought this page was replaced by the one rob created sometime ago in
cwiki, but at least one user (khirano) cares about the content.

The two pages should be consolidated somehow. But the Mwiki page you edited seems cut, it's better to rely on an older version:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Languages&oldid=201812
for this discussion.

Now my question, why did we make a cwiki page if this page is still active,
and if not how are they interconnected (giving users a chance to find
updated information).

The new page was probably created to reflect activity at Apache, and when Mwiki was under maintenance. But search engines will inevitably lead people to Mwiki, so it makes sense to merge the two, unless Rob had different reasons for creating the Cwiki page.

In general, when we ask new volunteers to sign up for a wiki, it should be Mwiki if the current orientation is to rely more on Mwiki.

Regards,
  Andrea.