On 12/03/2013 FR web forum wrote:
[Kay] Can you use the wiki for this? There is a French area there already.
Yes but Wiki is hard to publish.
A Drupal CMS will be better to authors: just upload and fill a form like for a
template.

I don't see a big advantage in terms of usability between the MWiki we already have and any other CMS.

Or maybe you imagine some workflow that I can't see? If we want tutorials in the form of ODT and/or PDF files with some categorization (say, easy, intermediate, advanced; Writer, Calc, Impress...) then a properly configured section of MWiki should be enough.

For videos I would rely on external services anyway (YouTube/Vimeo), since direct hosting is problematic.

Honestly, before building a dedicated website we would some good reasons (and manpower to create/configure/administer it). But I'm still stuck at an earlier stage, i.e., why MediaWiki is more complex to use: most users should have some familiarity with it, so using other tools seems more complex rather than less complex. Do you have something else in mind? Can you make an example, like a tutorials site (about anything, not necessarily OpenOffice) that would be hard to do with MediaWiki?

Regards,
  Andrea.