On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Top post.
>
> Since it's rather clear that there will never be any agreement about this,
> why doesn't PMC start a [Vote]?
> This topic is eating energy for nothing. There is no point arguing
> furthermore.
>
> If I understand correctly the problem (even if it was not exactly the
> initial point from Jörg), the basic question could be:
> Should the votes field be reset to 0 for all current bug reports?
>
> What it should possibly mean:
> Yes => votes are not representative of the users feedback and should not
> really be taken into account.
> No => votes are considered as representative of the users feedback, even old
> votes.

That would be rather silly, since no one has actually proposed setting
the votes to zero.  Look at the title of the thread again.  Do you see
any "[PROPOSAL]" there?   Resetting the votes was just one option, out
of 5 or 6, that was brought up during a discussion.

My take away from the thread was that the preference is not to do
anything, and in effect continue to ignore the votes.  Whether they
are reset or ignored is immaterial to me.  I'll just work on better
and more accurate ways of getting user feedback, that are not
dependent on Bugzilla votes.

-Rob