From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 08:11
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; <orc...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: New license for libwpd, libwps, libwpg

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>wrote:

> Licensing issues have not been entirely removed,
> <http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b>.
>
> Code with Category B MPL license is accepted in ASF projects under very
> specific restrictions.  Having to build the code from source, especially
> with modifications, is problematic.

Yes, and several of us are very, very familiar with these restrictions.  We
have a good model to follow, based on past practice:

1) Don't put the code in our SVN

2) Use it only for optional features

3) Source distribution does not include the source

4) May include binaries with our binary distributions

5) Need to update license file for binary distribution

-Rob