From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:29
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; <orc...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: New license for libwpd, libwps, libwpg

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>wrote:

> @Rob,
>
> Thanks.
>
> That is a great summary of what is involved.
>
> I am curious, in the case of libwpd, how binaries would be obtained and
> what the inclusion mechanism would be.  E.g., would there be shared
> libraries/DLLs built from unmodified external sources as part of the AOO
> build?

We wouldn't include it at all in our source distribution, not in source
form, not in binary form.  The legal page you referenced did not say that
we must include binaries.  It only said that at most we could include the
code in binary form in the release.

You can look at how we handle analogous things in AOO today, e.g.,
Hunspell, and search the list archives, on this list and legal-discuss,
for the voluminous prior discussions on this topic.

-Rob