Hello,

> From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]

> It isn't. You raised a point that is indeed new. Nobody so far had
> thought about the naming issue. But I agree that you have a
> point here:
> if it is a unique feature, it makes sense to at least think about a
> possible cute name for it. You contributed a fresh point of view into
> the project, and nobody complained about this.

yes, of course.

With my answer, I tried to consider only the practical aspect, which to me was
clear by Jürgens answer, namely that my thoughts are maybe not bad, but the
timing is unfavorable.

> > It is very important to the AOO has good technical quality,
> but if we
> > believe it is sufficient for success, we are wrong.
>
> Our developers are very reasonable people. Juergen gave pragmatic
> answers... that were totally to be expected if you come up with this
> idea on the same day when we finalize the help contents for
> translation!
> But for sure our developers do not expect to be worshipped
> and they are
> very friendly towards the community at large (remember, they do
> subscribe to this list and live with it despite the huge amount of
> non-technical content here). So I don't agree with your opinion that
> developers cannot see that marketing is important: they do
> see it, but
> their day-to-day concern is to produce high-quality
> software... and give
> other volunteers awesome software to promote!

Sorry, but *that is not my view!*

I do not think developers could not see the importance of marketing, I had only
a presumption, which considers Jürgen good code to be much more important than
marketing.
(and Jürgen has already stated that my guess is not at all true)

It is just an opinion which priorities are set, only it would be wrong to think
that one of both (code or marketing) would be unimportant, this is not
happening.

Gretings,
Jörg