On Tue, 28 May 2013 13:57:42 +0200
Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/28/13 1:03 PM, janI wrote:

> >> both comments from you both doesn't help us in any way to move forward
> >> with our release or address the topic that I tired to discuss.
> >>
> >> For the record I am NOT opposed to the project, if I were I would not do
> > that much work for the project.
>
> We know and we appreciate what you are doing.
>
> The point is that we are not in a perfect world and here in our project
> it's the same. We have to live and work with certain circumstances and
> have to make the best out of it.
>
> The key question is what is the best solution to move forward and don't
> postpone our release to long. I really would like to have a release with
> the sidebar before LO. Well it's not critical but I would prefer if
> possible. They have already integrated the sidebar in their 4.1 branch
> as experimental feature. It will be interesting to see how they
> communicate this feature.
>
> Juergen
>

> > Juergen, you are quite right, please go ahead as do as you think are best
> > to get the release out as soon as possible.
> >
> > rgds
> > jan I.

> >> (as

> >> would

> >> we need no discussion in this thread about the proceeding how we do
> >> releases here at Apache. We already did it twice and if people want to
> >> discuss it please in a new thread.
> >>
> >> In this thread I would like to discuss the technical issues around my
> >> proposal and the impact on our release oo how we want to move forward.
> >>
> >> Juergen

> >> release

> >> before.

> >> still

> >> existing

I suggest that AOO 4.0 should be released as soon as practicable; if some major
section (Mac 64?) is not ready, then the release of the main body of work
should not be delayed to await such a section.  The non-release of any delayed
section can be noted  and promised for RSN (Real Soon Now, if anyone remembers
early CP/M days) and released as and when ready, without being held for AOO 4.1

To miss the intended date will leave the AOO project open to derogatory
comments.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>