Putting on my Apache Member Hat. I do have an issue with skipping a re-vote.

PMC members are checking signatures and checksums? And we are verifying that
the source tag matches the RC for source? These are guaranteed to change with
the re-spin.

Let's not make a big deal out of our quality process and then skip a REQUIRED
part of the Foundation's process.

Thanks,
Dave