On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 29 July 2013 23:05, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Kay Schenk wrote:
> >

> http://www.openoffice.org/**marketing/art/galleries/logos/**aoo-working/<
> http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/aoo-working/>
> >> Last week, two of the original svg files -- files prefixed with:
> >> Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_**selected_2013-06
> >> were changed. These changes were  not discussed in advance, nor an issue
> >> submitted for them. Given the events of the day, it was the PMC's
> decision
> >> to not  veto these changes, but to copy these changed originals
> >>

> > Thank you Kay for the reminder. I added a WARNING.txt file to the
> > "aoo-working" directory to help avoiding changes that have not been
> > discussed here first.
> >

> I like the WARNING.txt file, could we agree to use the same file for other
> "sensible" (not sure if that is the right word) areas ? I think of e.g.
> release notes.
>

> >  So, back the original topic. Given recent events, do we want to have a
> >> changed policy to require issue submission and/or list discussion before
> >> new commits?
> >>

> > I'd say we don't need it in general; it will be helpful for all
> > significant code changes, but surely we don't need it for the website.
> > Let's rely on common sense and peer scrutiny.
> >

> +1, lets not make it too complicated to work, that said with a smile !! For
> significant code changes, a discussion is a must, but I thought it was
> already policy ?
>
> rgds
> jan I.
>

> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.

> dev-unsubscr...@openoffice.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@openoffice.apache.org

Here is some information on decision making/discussions:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/decision-making.html
http://community.apache.org/committers/
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

I could not find any specific "rules" on when decision making should be
used. In OpenOffice, it is used on a regular basis for many different
changes, but WHEN to use it doesn't seem to be set in stone. And it looks
like, some projects have defined their own criteria.

MzK

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."
                             -- Jon Bon Jovi