On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM, sumit Murari <murarisu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thnks for reply :)
>
> I can do development in C,C++ or JAVA, and frankly i want to contribute
> something. I just use  OSS,  for my work and haven't done any contribution
> yet, so it doesn't feels nice ..
>
> I'm comfortable with development, but i don't know, where to start and how
> to start .....

OK, thanks for this information. If you've finished the general orientation
modules on how the project works, I think you should take a look at the
developer orientation:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

As a first step, you could download and build Apache OpenOffice.

Also on the Developer orientation page above is a link to "easy hacks" to
get you started on actual code changes.

Our development information documentation is  in need of an organizational
update, but I think you will find the api area contains a LOT of useful
information:

http://www.openoffice.org/api/

(use the left hand navigation items instead of the "search")

This will give you a nice overview of the structure of the program modules
and what area does what.

Thanks again for wanting to join Apache OpenOffice. We want your
participation to be rewarding, and we're here to help.