On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAICT, there is *already* a really good candidate for the
> download/other.html page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The tables in the middle are easy to follow and AFAIK contain all the
> required information.
>
> No Javascript needed for the table itself.
>
> Can't the script which was used to create that content be tweaked a
> bit to create downloads/other.html?

+1.  Especially if this can be done at site-build time rather than as
a browser runtime script.

Or, since this data changes very slowly, it could be done as a manual
script invocation, each time the data file is changed.  We do that,
for example, to maintain the consults list, with XSLT:

http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

This was even localized.

-Rob