On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On en-Forum  there have been a number of reports of printing problems,
> usually manifesting as not printing from AOO although printing correctly from
> other applications. Sometimes (rarely) such problems can be solved by
> reinstalling the printer drivers. I have also seen them reported for printing
> to network connected printers. The common factor is 32bit AOO and 64 bit
> windows.
>
> One such case is current
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64191
> We can dig out other examples if required.
>
> For such reports (and fixes) one is at the mercy of the skill level of the
> user, which may not be expert. Before raising an issue for this, I bring the
> problem to the list to see if it has affected any list members.

I tried on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine.

I created a new spreadsheet in MS Office 2013, with full color charts,
cell background colors, shaded borders, etc.

I saved as XLS format and loaded in AOO 4.0 Calc

The colors showed correctly.

I printed to an HP LaserJet 400 Color network printer.  The output was
correct.  All the colors printed.

It might help to get his specific document.  (Or a similar document
that consistently fails for him).  I can then test with that document.

Regards,

-Rob