On 15 September 2013 00:35, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/09/2013 janI wrote:
>
>> Thanks for trying it, please suply more information about your setup so I
>> can determine the problem.
>>

> Sure. That particular build is done on a Fedora 19 Linux system that I use
> to test building with newer compilers/tools, and that builds trunk
> correctly. No cross-compiling at work in this case, it is Linux to Linux.

Please correct me, but fedora 19 is not part of our product release ? my
aim is to support what AOO supports.

> Full GCC version:
> $ g++ --version
> g++ (GCC) 4.8.1 20130603 (Red Hat 4.8.1-1)
>
> Kernel:
> $ uname -a
> Linux 3.10.9-200.fc19.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 19:27:58 UTC 2013 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Configure options:
> $ ./configure --enable-category-b --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.**
> apache-extras.org.codespot.**com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2<http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2>--with-epm-url=
> http://www.**msweet.org/files/project2/epm-**3.7-source.tar.gz<http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz>--enable-bundled-dictionaries
>  --with-lang="en it kid" --without-stlport
> --with-package-format="**installed"

my configure options are taken from our buildbot:

./configure --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk \
            --with-epm-url="
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-ext
ras/downloads/detail?name=3ade8cfe7e59ca8e65052644fed9fca4-epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
&can=2&q=epm-3.7.tar.gz" \
            --with-dmake-url=
http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/d
make-4.12.tar.bz2 \
            --enable-verbose \
            --enable-category-b \
            --enable-dbus \
            --enable-gstreamer \
            --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
            --enable-opengl \
            --with-lang="da en-US es" \
            --with-package-format="rpm deb" \
            --with-vendor="jani local build"

> (I change format and languages often, but this shouldn't affect this
> particular issue)

agreed.

> Should you need any other details, just ask. The system is a plain Fedora
> 19 with the additional packages listed at http://wiki.openoffice.org/**
> wiki/Fedora_Build_**Instructions#Fedora_19<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Fedora_Build_Instructions#Fedora_19>
> and I use it only to build OpenOffice, so it doesn't have any other
> customization.
>
> If this can help, I also see many warnings about signed/unsigned
> comparisons. Maybe a mismatch of native types?

I do have a handfull of these problems at the moment, due to a mismatch
between visual studio 2012, and ubuntu. I need to support vc 6.0 since our
buildbot uses that (even though its very outdated). Funny things here is
that VC 6.0 adn 2012 are imcompatible.

However your problem really seems to be another problem. VC 6.0 required a
special namespace for all systemcalls (like access) and it seems that your
compiler does not like that special namespace. Actually ubuntu 12.04 had a
similar problem until I got the configure parameters corrected.

the current configure parameters in use, should mirror the buildbot
(exception is --with-lang).

I dont have access to fedora, so its a hard for me to test.

rgds
jan I.