Hi,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:01:09PM -0400, Samer Mansour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm proposing to have the icons (and related assets) updated for AOO
> 4.1 release. I would like to take the responsibility to see this gets
> done.
>
> Here is the icons that need to be updated:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Desktop+Icons
>
> Related asset:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Application+And+Launcher
>
> You can see two examples of ideas on the first link. You can also
> suggest your own ideas verbally by commenting on the wiki page or
> visually by attaching it to the wiki. (Please don't reply ideas in
> this mailing list, let us know if you have trouble)
>
> I am putting a deadline for the idea submission and discussion in 30
> days, November 9th, 2013.  Once we reach the deadline, we will have
> a separate discussion for optimizing for the best user experience.
>
> This is not a contest or a call for public proposals. This is regular,
> needs to be done, no-bikeshedding-please work. When the deadline Nov
> 9th arrives, if there is more than one viable solution, we will try to
> reach consensus without a end user vote.  eg. We will not be doing
> what we did with the logo, that was a special case because it is the
> face of AOO.
>
> Samer Mansour

The About dialog does not look good with the orb in the header, the old
version looked nicer than the current one

Old version:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/AboutDialog.png

Current one, removing the orb from the header:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/AboutDialog410.png

To test different approaches, just replace about.png in the program
folder (where soffice.exe is located), for example with this one
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/about.png (there is no need to
restart the application).

Regards
--