On 10.10.2013 05:01, Samer Mansour wrote:
Hello,

I'm proposing to have the icons (and related assets) updated for AOO 4.1
release. I would like to take the responsibility to see this gets done.

Here is the icons that need to be updated:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Desktop+Icons

Related asset:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Application+And+Launcher

+1 for my side for the proposal.

You can see two examples of ideas on the first link. You can also suggest
your own ideas verbally by commenting on the wiki page or visually by
attaching it to the wiki. (Please don't reply ideas in this mailing list,
let us know if you have trouble)

I like 'AOO Desktop Icon Exploration 2 (Round)', but not the circles. Instead I would prefer rounded rectangles.

Best regards, Oliver.

I am putting a deadline for the idea submission and discussion in 30 days,
November 9th, 2013.
Once we reach the deadline, we will have a separate discussion for
optimizing for the best user experience.

This is not a contest or a call for public proposals. This is regular,
needs to be done, no-bikeshedding-please work. When the deadline Nov 9th
arrives, if there is more than one viable solution, we will try to reach
consensus without a end user vote.
eg. We will not be doing what we did with the logo, that was a special case
because it is the face of AOO.

Samer Mansour