2013/11/3 F C. Costero <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>

> I and another moderator have both gotten a message claiming "maximum number
> of log in attempts exceeded" when we tried to log into the en forum. I did
> not get that message when logging into the es forum. We could log in
> successfully after properly entering a Captcha. Perhaps this a a result of
> the recent software changes.
> Regards,
> Francis

It happened to me too, but only on the EN forum. I think the problem is not
related with the https change, at least not directly. In fact, I remember
that something like this happened a couple or years ago, and the conclusion
at the time was that there was some kind of "brute force attack" to gain
access to the forum looking for a weak password. If that's true, then the
https came in right time :)

Regards,
Ricardo