On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 03:49:43 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 00:42:26 +0100
> Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2013/11/4 Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
> >
> > > On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com

> > > not
> > > conclusion

> > > Well after 5 attempts, I finally got in. Not sure what the problem was...
> > >

> > It seems there is something wrong, after all. If I try to log-in I get the
> > too many connections error. If I log-out and immediately log-in again, I
> > get again the too many connections error too. Unless the "attack" is really
> > massive and quick, there is another problem here.
> >

> On a phpBB bulletin board "noxwizard" says in
> https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2176870
>
> % Re: Maximum allowed number of login attempts
>
> % Post by Noxwizard ยป Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 am
> % If it's happening for all users, you should check to see if everyone has
> the same IP (check Who Is Online).
> % If they do, then your host is most likely proxying the requests before
> sending them to you
> % and not correctly restoring the IP.
>
> which may offer a solution to those who understand phpBB.
> This is linked from the Forum thread on this problem at
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65448
>

> Also, since this login problem has stated, listed logged on users (registered
> + unregistered) are at about 10% of normal levels - currently 16 listed ,
> whereas I would expect about 150. Typically we would have 1.5x the old forum
> (currently 96) and 5x the LibO forum (currently 15), so the logged on number
> is way down.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

In elaboration of my previous point concerning the low numbers reported to be
logged in, the unregistered logins are low, the registered are about the
correct level. If one displays the unregistered logged in, this list is now
interspersed with the registered logged in, something I don't remember
happening before.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>