On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 29/10/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> And here is a draft of the landing page we'd send users to who have an
>> older version of OOo if there is not an AOO version in their language:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/eol-nl.html
>

> This will be very useful to attract volunteers. A few questions/remarks:
>
> 1) Can we avoid that all languages are notified at the same time? For
> example, Danish and another language have been at 100% for about one month
> and I hope we can release them in November. While Arabic is a language where
> we can use more volunteers right now.

I compared the list of languages supported with full installers in OOo
3.3.0 with what we have in AOO 4.0.1.  The following languages are
missing in AOO 4.0.1:

Arabic
Bengali
Bulgarian
Catalan
Catalan (Valencian)
Danish
Estonian
Hebrew
Irish
Kurdish
Macedonian
Mongolian
Norwegian (Bokmål)
Norwegian (Nynorsk)
Oromo
Serbian (Latin)

Of these some are now completed translated.  We just need some testing
and a new release:

Danish
Bulgarian

And a few others are "almost complete":

Norwegian (Bokmål)
Hebrew
Catalan
Arabic

So maybe we able notification for the remaining ones, which are:

Bengali
Catalan (Valencian)
Estonian
Irish
Kurdish
Macedonian
Mongolian
Norwegian (Nynorsk)
Oromo
Serbian (Latin)

> 2) Can the title be changed so that it doesn't look an obituary to
> non-native speakers? Like "Please upgrade to OpenOffice 4.0.1 - or help
> translating it into your language". Or anything that cannot be understood as
> "OpenOffice is dead".

I've updated that page.

> 3) Link to the l10n list must be fixed (last line).

Fix this as well.

Regards,

-Rob