I installed the stlport provided by opensuse for my version -- it is 4.6.2,
whereas the latest one at Sourceforge is 5.2.1.

Should I install the newer version --  with gcc 4.7.2 in use.

Also, I see this page:
http://www.stlport.org/doc/vendor_interface.html

and since I seem to be getting a LOT of redefinition errors from what I'm
seeing, is this a namespace problem on my system? I also have C stdlib
installed.

Finally, in order to do anything, I had to muck with the include (-I)
definitions since stlport was not in the generated includes. Maybe we need
to fix this since it's no longer provided locally?

All was more or less fine with my setup until this change -- now things are
not happy.

MzK

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
 Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
                          -- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax