> Speaking of symbol visibility on unxsogi platforms there is an
> interesting comment in
>       main/solenv/inc/unxsogi.mk
> regarding that topic. In
>       main/sal/inc/sal/types.h
> In that file there is some magic going on with that visibility and I'm
> quite sure that the Solaris+gcc specific checks need to be updated to
> work with newer versions of these tools.

Hello,

I have noticed that visibility does not work in Solaris with gcc.
The compiler complains that it is not defined or available to
this platform. Since I have compiled gcc myself chances are
that I did something wrong... However, I have compiled Qt
with this compiler, the TeX distribution and many many other
things and all work as expected...

> The manual interventions are good to experiment with different solution
> approaches. When the experiments provided a clearer picture the solenv
> makefiles for the "unxsogi" platform should be updated so all that could
> work out of the box. We have so many libraries that it would be quite
> painful if one had to do many of them manually.

I totally agree! But I keep notes of what I do so I hope these notes
would be useful when I will hopefully finish.

All the best,

A.S.
--
Apostols Syropoulos