> Many of those projects have RTTI or C++ exceptions disabled, so problems
> with typeinfo visibility may not show up there.

I have figured out that I need to use GCC with the Solaris linker to avoid all
these problems. BTW, the GCC people suggest people who use their
compiler on Solaris to avoid using the GNU linker. So when I switched to
the Solaris linker, all these problems disappeared. So the file

solenv/gbuild/platform/solaris.mk

need to modified in order to compile with GCC. As it stands, it assumes
the compilation on Solaris is done using Solaris Studio!

> They certainly will be. I'm looking forward to have "unxsogi" as a
> platform with an out of the box build experience again.

Me too :-)

A.S.
--
Apostols Syropoulos