Hi Απόστολος,

On 09.12.2013 19:30, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος wrote:
I have noticed that visibility does not work in Solaris with gcc.
The compiler complains that it is not defined or available to
this platform. Since I have compiled gcc myself chances are
that I did something wrong... However, I have compiled Qt
with this compiler, the TeX distribution and many many other
things and all work as expected...

Many of those projects have RTTI or C++ exceptions disabled, so problems with typeinfo visibility may not show up there.

By the way: do the command lines for compiling individual AOO source files mention any options regarding rtti or visibility?

The manual interventions are good to experiment with different solution
approaches. When the experiments provided a clearer picture the solenv
makefiles for the "unxsogi" platform should be updated so all that could
work out of the box. We have so many libraries that it would be quite
painful if one had to do many of them manually.

I totally agree! But I keep notes of what I do so I hope these notes
would be useful when I will hopefully finish.

They certainly will be. I'm looking forward to have "unxsogi" as a platform with an out of the box build experience again.

Herbert