Am 12/13/2013 03:43 AM, schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]

In concept, I don't have objections to this new list, but
wish it could be
named something other than "dev-de" so it doesn't get confused with
dev@openoffice.apache.org.  But...I don't have any suggestions.

hm yes, that's a good point. "dev@" and "dev-de@" are very
similar and
the differentiation is not really good visibile.

Ok, that's a point. but it is a real problem?

The problem that it may sounds too similar. When you look for the right ML it could happen that the "-de" is overlooked and then you get German mails into the international ML. Or vice versa.

Dev-lists are for project members, I think this may very well differ between
dev and dev-de.

*In OOo it was possible for many years, are members of AOO project less wise,
to distinguish it?*

But I've a suggestion. ;-)

What about to name the new ML like what its purpose should be
(coordinate the project work):

project-de@

project-de@ would also be OK (maybe better projectwork-de@?), but is it really
necessary?

I think "dev" is understandable for everyone, but is "project" also, or will
people ask what the difference is?

In my opinion both are "dev" and "project"/"projectwork" suitable, but "project"/
"projectwork" is _not_ really better.

Just make clear (e.g., here: http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html or ) that it is used to coordinate the work in German-speaking countries, then it should be fine.

my vote is:

project-de or projectwork-de: +0.5

dev-de: +1

I just wanted to point to a possible problem. Not more. ;-)

Marcus