Hi All,

For the record, I've created a Gmail account (aoo.forum...@gmail.com) so that
users can really contact the forum team. We had in the past an automatic
process that could reply and give the user basic information (registered or
not, ...). Since it's no longer working since the move to ASF, we had no means
to handle problems from users (login failures and other issues).

We now will be able to check this mailbox (IMAP is the rule to avoid
synchronization problems).

The only drawback is that the mail sent by the forum (notifications mostly) are
not sent from that address (instead of ooo-forum-en-serv...@apache.org). It may
break filters set by users (like me).
But we have been too long already without any real way to reply direct users
questions. We have the history of all the problems reported through the admin
mailbox (before the move to ASF) so we know that we need it. This is part of
the high quality of service we want to provide.

I'm rather worried by the turn over in the admins of the forum. First Terry,
then JanI who did a lot to update the forums and wiki, then RGB who is suddenly
taking a long break (announced in the private section of the forum). Imacat
seems to have other priorities so there is no one left.

The forums need at least a periodic maintenance to avoid problems like few
months ago. For the record, phpBB is not up to date, the download icon has not
been changed yet and of course, there is no automated mailbox reply.
The forums have proved that they were rather efficient, they are a huge
knowledge base now. But strangely, when it comes to administration, no one can
resist very long.
So is there any problem? Are the forums really part of the roadmap in this
project?

Hagar