Thanks a lot for your investigations. It shows that both projects have a different view point of what an apple is and looks like.

Marcus

Am 02/18/2014 06:34 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
http://www.italovignoli.org/2014/02/language-support-of-office-suites/

Don't you love it when they come up with these false comparisons?

If you look a little bit closer you see that they are releasing and
counting languages where the UI is only 15% translated.  So yes, if
you are willing to release incomplete work then you can claim to
"support" more languages.  But what kind of support is this?

A specific example:  Tartar (15% UI translated)

I thought OOo had a requirement for 80% completion before releasing a
translation.  With AOO we made the requirement be 100%.  LO releases
15% complete UI translations ?!

Of course, we shouldn't judge their release criteria.  That is their
business (and their users) not ours.  But when they make false
comparisons in a table, comparing apples-to-oranges, then we ought to
note it.  It is not fair to claim lower standards are the same as
greater results.

Another example:  They've released Hebrew support at 90% complete.  We
have Hebrew support at 96% complete, but we have not released it yet.

Another example:  Our Icelandic translation (unreleased) is 95%
complete.  Theirs (released) is only 88%.

Another example:  We have 36 languages at 100% complete UI
translation.  LO has only 13.

Look at the data and make your own comparisons:

https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo_ui/