Am 06/18/2014 02:10 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
Issues for potential updates of dictionaries are required as well

Good point. I've added this to the new release planning template [1].

On 18/06/14 13:18, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

I am currently thinking about a possible release date for AOO 4.1.1 and
believe a date in August would be good. The main question is how long
the QA work will take?

August will take us into the vacation period. It's unsure if we get ready with QA testing until this date due to short test resources.

And with a date in July it's maybe too short time to get everything tested until then.

Hm, difficult. ;-)

I would go with a date in August as it gives us more time.

AOO 4.1.1 will be a bugfix release only with some additional translation
update and potentially new languages.

A further point is if we make a Beta or not or work with RC candidates
only. Again it is a bugfix release only and every official release (and
a Beta is official) needs more effort. And when I try to reflect the
last Beta I don't think it was very successful. We had>300000 downloads
and thought we would receive the necessary and good feedback we need to
release a good version. AOO 4.1 is good but we have some serious issues
that were not detected during normal Qa and not during the Beta phase of
active Beta users.

Then I would not create a Beta release.

Currently we have 26 issues with granted or requested showstopper flag.
Most of them are already fixed.

I haven't seen any issue so far a translation update. If issues exist
already please request the showstopper flag asap.

We have no new strings and I know that update work or fixing of
translation is already ongoing. We should plan in time with a deadline
for translation updates. I think a possible date can be mid of July. We
need a fixed date that people can plan accordingly, otherwise we run
always in the same situation and changes are coming in late. But that
don't scale very well and we should keep deadlines in mind.

Fixed date is good. Then it's clear when it has to be finished. But it's only 1 month to go, so it should be announced as soon as possible.

What does others think about it?

+1

Just a short question:

Do you had a chance to look at the new release planning template [1]? I don't know if it fits also for bugfix releases as these releases highly depends from what is really included (e.g., with or without string changes).

Of course it's just a first version and can be improved.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Planning+Template

Marcus