On 20/06/14 14:11, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 18/06/2014 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> AOO 4.1.1 will be a bugfix release only with some additional translation
>> update and potentially new languages.
>
> Surely new languages: we have at least two new ones completed since 4.1.0.
>
>> A further point is if we make a Beta or not or work with RC candidates
>> only.
>
> As others wrote, I'm for avoiding an official beta too. Snapshots and
> RCs are enough.
>
>> I haven't seen any issue so far a translation update. If issues exist
>> already please request the showstopper flag asap.
>
> So, do you prefer that translators open issues now (and potentially need
> that you do the import work twice, now and after the deadline; but this
> way they can preview their work) or that they keep working until the
> deadline and open issues shortly before it?

well, as soon as possible. Especially for completely new languages we
often had typos, mismatched tags etc. that should be fixed as early as
possible.

The translator should know best when a good time is, what's still
ongoing or not.

And volunteers are welcome to work on the integration. It's no magic and
I will give support.

Juergen