On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 06/27/2014 12:50 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:

>>> thanks, it seems a 2-month-project paid off.

>>> To be honest, I don't think that it is that bad. OK, except the right
>>> column
>>> for the news texts. But of course a refresh would be good anyway.
>>>

>> What screen resolution are you viewing it with?
>

> At the moment it's just 1280x1024. But with other hardware and
> browsershots.org I can test on larger screens. I know it's not up-to-date
> but ...

Here are the top 10 resolutions for visitors, according to Google Analytics:

1366x768 26.29%
1920x1080 13.00%
1280x800 8.43%
1280x1024 7.92%
1600x900 7.16%
1440x900 6.72%
1024x768 6.07%
1680x1050 4.53%
1920x1200 1.83%
1024x600 1.53%

The top choices appear now to be wide-screen, especially 16:9 aspect
ratio.  I'm at 1440x900 on my Thinkpad, which is why I'm seeing so
much empty space on the home page.  Empty space combined with scroll
bars.

I wish I was better with HTML/CSS and could help :-(

-Rob