Am 06/30/2014 04:22 PM, schrieb Emanuele:
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 06/26/2014 06:23 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

For example, if we are worried about the length of text on the right,
then maybe can can have a three column design, rather than a two
column design?  Put announcements on left, blog posts on right, and
the main content in the center?

We should gather a few ideas, do a little research about other website
and then build a demo-webpage. For the download webpage this was
working good.

I'm not at all a designer, I just had few minutes of free time and I
decided to play a bit with the page:

http://www.elkarte.it/testing/ooo/

that looks very good:

- The carousel is something that we really need.
- The drop-down menu item "Product" is a good idea to save some space.
- The 3-column-design is not too wide.
  With shortening the text it can look even better.

PS:
Please note that there is a difference between the page above the news carousel and the other part. From the technical part we have to make a difference how to update both parts in general.

Okay, is rather different from the current layout but is also a bit
responsive (just to please everybody :P).
I didn't spend much time on the colors and alignment of elements, just
on the general layout of the page.

That's OK. We can see perfectly what you try to express.

And it looks like if you want to do more and volunteer to do this little refresh. Am I guessing right? ;-)

Marcus