Perhaps you saw my post on changing from scrollbars to a carrousell
slider similar to this one:
http://showcase.awkwardgroup.com/

The reason that scrollbars were used is to not create a huge
whitespace with a lot of content on the right side while the central
part being static. The scrollbar created a fixed design of it all.

A carrousel slider provides a much better way to show content without
having to increment the space needed.

I agree the inner/frame scrollbars are a mess, and some works need to
be done with the classes news_all and campaign.

Previously (almost 4 months ago) I recommend using a pane system,
which will allow the user to increment the size of the widget through
a hide/show on the title (this was more applied to a Faq site). Making
it possible to consume initially a minimum of space. However it seems
many people in this group have no idea what Javascript's frameworks
are, confusing them with a server-side scripting language.
http://markmail.org/thread/wmx2tnusflwzzpu5

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor