Marcus (OOo) wrote:
IMHO there is no need to do a vote for this topic.

Sure, no need for a formal vote (these are very, very rare).

And please note that the current design was never announced as the final
one. It was just to help to get rid of the loooong text area where
everybody had to scroll to the bottom get see all.

These were the steps that led to it:
- We used to have only one area, used for announcements (short text, self-contained, i.e., it did not link to a "further information" page) - We wanted to give some more visibility to blogs since they were updated more often than these "announcements"; thus the area was split into "Blog Posts" and "News", but there is no reason to keep it separate; we can merge them and "Latest Blog posts" can become one of the News items. - Marcus explained why the scrollbars were born: basically this grew out of control.

What about to create a demo webpage to show us your ideas?

This is probably the way to go. The whole tree under /test can be used for experiments.

Regards,
  Andrea.